For A Happier Holiday: Where Those In Need Can Go For Dinner On Thanksgiving
As we look forward to our annual holiday to give thanks for the good things in our lives, let’s remember that for many people, life is full of challenges that are difficult to overcome, and some people find themselves in need this thanksgiving. That’s why we at QuadCities.com are running this list of places that people can go for a good meal and hospitality free of charge this Thanksgiving.
If you are someone in need, the places on this list offer a good dinner and we hope you find them well and accommodating and enjoy your holiday. If you know of anyone in need, please pass this along to them, and please share this and pass it along on social media so that it can get out to as many people as possible. And if you have any extra time or can donate any food or services, please contact the following places to lend a hand.
Thank you, and happy thanksgiving to you all!
Places offering thanksgiving dinner on Wednesday, Nov. 23:
- First United Methodist Church, 302 N. State St., Geneseo, will serve a free community Thanksgiving dinner at 5:30 p.m. Call (309) 944-2793 for details.
Places offering thanksgiving dinner on Thursday, Nov. 24:
- Bob Vogelbaugh’s 46th Annual Community Thanksgiving Dinner at SouthPark Mall in Moline, Free and open to everyone of the Quad Cities Area. Over 2,500 are served by 400 volunteers. Volunteers needed for set-up starting at 8 a.m. and serving after 3 p.m.4-6 p.m. Fees: None, No reservations needed.
- Free Thanksgiving dinner, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Sharon’s Family Restaurant, 905 15th Ave., East Moline. Everyone is welcome to enjoy a free Thanksgiving dinner. Act II Limo donates free transportation to the restaurant. Call 309-721-5071 in advance if you need a ride.
- Christian Care Thanksgiving meal, noon to 2 p.m., Christian Care Rescue Mission, 2209 3rd Ave., Rock Island. A traditional Thanksgiving Day feast for anyone in the community who is hungry or alone.
- Free Thanksgiving dinner, noon to 2 p.m., Christian Center Church, 2103 W. 3rd St., Davenport. Traditional Thanksgiving meal with all the fixings. Free. Call 563-322-2959 for reservations.
- Hampton United Methodist Church, 400 2nd Ave., will serve a Thanksgiving dinner 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Donations will be accepted but not required. Call (309) 496-9655 for details.
- Broadway Church, 710 23rd St., Rock Island, will host its annual free community Thanksgiving dinner at 1 p.m. The main dish, drinks and dessert will be provided; guests are asked to bring a dish to pass, but none is required. Call (309) 786-2631 for details.
- Mt. Zion Baptist Church, 1501 6th Ave., East Moline, will host a free community Thanksgiving dinner 1-4 p.m. Call (309) 755-1728 for details.