Rock Island Student Wins Best Pitch and Best Business Model
The INCubatoredu Entrepreneur and Enterprise Class at Rock Island High School pitched their business models to 5 “sharks” at FINAL PITCH event on Wednesday, May 11 in the Rock Island High School INCubatoredu classroom.
Seven entrepreneur projects vied for three awards: Best Pitch Award, Best Business Potential Award, and Best Business Model Award.
- Luxury Lockers: Aden Farrell and Joe Thompson
- Fracture Sound: Nathan Krug
- Pocket Coach: App based program to help coaches connect with students and parents. App organizes practices and schedules and acts as a communication tool. Team members GayKu Thu, Alejandro Torres and Jack Verona.
- Exclusive Concepts: Custom clothing and developer of a tech sweatshirt that has a silk and satin lining in the hood. Darius Tongo.
- Concourse: Dustin Moreno, Ben Oliver and Josh Zetina
- Evolution Gaming: Amid Barikzay, Chase Drehlman and Hunter Lucas-Straw
- Something New: Clothing upcycling. Kezimana Karine
Best Business Potential – Concourse ($1,000) & Evolution Gaming ($1,000)
Best Pitch – Something New ($1,000)
Best Business Model/Best Business Overall – Something New ($2,000)
Something New (Kezimana Karine) will have her name engraved on the award plaques to be displayed in the INCubatoredu Entrepreneur and Enterprise Classroom.