Doc Kaalberg Dishes On His Favorite French Fries In Illinois And Iowa
In honor of National French Fry Day here is my quick list of my top 5 favorites in the QC.
5. Tacobar Nacho fries. Perfect for a drunk snack or a hangover. These babies are packed full of what a growing boy needs.
4. Duck City Bistro Duck fat frys… These fries are the reason ducks were invented. Don’t ask my the logic on that, just know it involves science.
3. Luli’s homemade chips. Not really fries, but since this is my page I’ll allow it. They are potatoes, they are fried, they are to die for. Pro tip get the spicy ketchup with them.
2. Bone Collector BBQ & Catering Sweet Potato Fries…I’ve traveled the world and I try sweet potatoes every where I go. These brought me to tears.
Honorable Mention. Ike’s All American Cafe’ and Catering Company, LLC. No longer open, however these hand cut shoestring style fries were magically delicious and my wife’s favorite.
1. Bent River Brewing Company Beer battered fries. These fries are like sex in your mouth. I’m not talking vanilla, watch the hair sex. I’m talking get a mop and bucket, hope the neighbors didn’t call the cops. Served up with anything these are perfect fries.
Whose fries fit your fancy?