Iowa Named One Of The Safest States In America
June is National Safety Month, and the Iowa Quad-Cities can certainly feel secure, according to a study by the website WalletHub.
Today, the personal finance site released its report on 2020’s Safest States in America, as well as accompanying videos, and it listed Iowa as among one of the safest states in the U.S.
In order to determine the most secure states, WalletHub compared the 50 states across 53 key metrics. The data set ranges from the state’s coronavirus support to assaults per capita and the unemployment rate.
Safety in Iowa (1=Safest; 25=Avg.)
- 26th – WalletHub “States Offering the Most Coronavirus Support” Score
- 5th – Murders & Non-Negligent Manslaughters per Capita
- 18th – Assaults per Capita
- 7th – Job Security
- 15th – Fatalities per 100 Million Vehicle Miles of Travel
- 13th – Sex Offenders per Capita
- 5th – Share of Uninsured Population
For the full report, please visit: