First Wednesday Art Event TONIGHT at Western Illinois University
The Western Illinois University Department of Art and Design’s upcoming “First Wednesday” event will take place from 7-9 p.m. March 1, in Garwood Hall, the Heating Plant Annex and the University Art Gallery.
The WIU Art and Design faculty combine their efforts to offer creative, hands-on activities to visitors. This event is open free to the public, and visitors are welcome from campus and the surrounding community and region.
*Everyone is welcome but all children under 13 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult.*
March 1 activities include:
• Printmaking – Professor Bill Howard, Garwood 12
• Sartorial Spring Cleaning – Professors Susan Czechowski and Jenny Knavel, Garwood 11 and 16
• Pablo Picasso – Abstract Self Portraits – Associate Professor Ta-Teh Ku, Garwood 24
• Teeny Tiny Paintings – Professor Tim Waldrop, Garwood 25
• Surrealist Collage – Professor Damon McArthur, Garwood 34
Heating Plant Annex
• Shamballa Beaded Bracelets – Professor Kat Myers, HPA 107
• Sculptural Seed Bombs – WIU Ceramic students, HPA 111
The University Art Gallery will also be open during the event. Visit the exhibition, Close to Home by WIU faculty Tim Waldrop and check out the Black Artist Guild’s, Forgotten History, in the Heating Plant’s Annex Gallery.
For more information on this monthly program, contact Waldrop at TD-Waldrop@wiu.edu or the WIU Department of Art and Design at (309) 298-1549.