Quad-Cities Downtowns Celebrate The Holidays With Awesome Events!
Deck the Downtowns promotions are going on NOW in Downtown Bettendorf, Davenport and Rock Island. Each downtown will promote their own unique activities encouraging people to eat, drink, shop and be merry downtown.
“This is the first time the three downtowns managed by the Quad Cities Chamber have come together to showcase the businesses that make each downtown unique with Deck the Downtowns,” said Kyle Carter, VP of Place Management, Quad Cities Chamber. “There is so much to offer in each downtown during the holidays – whether it’s enjoying a holiday event with your family, date night with drinks and dinner or finding the perfect one of-a-kind gift.”
Deck the Downtowns also supports the Keep It QC initiative which encourages Quad Citizens to spend locally because every dollar we keep in the Quad Cities drives our economy. Keep It QC Visa® Gift Cards are available for purchase online at thecommunitygiftcard.com/keepitqc. They can be used everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted and look for Quad Cities merchants that support the card.
Downtown Davenport Partnership
- Holiday Display Challenge: More than forty businesses throughout Downtown Davenport will deck their windows with holiday displays. For a list of participants and to vote for your favorite display Nov. 18 – Dec. 18, go to DowntownDavenport.com. Place your vote for a chance to win Keep It QC Visa Gift Cards and other prizes.
- Hunt for the Holiday Pickle: The German tradition of hunting for a pickle ornament will debut throughout Downtown Davenport Nov. 27 – Jan. 3. Pick up an official card at one of the 30 participating businesses to play. Find 10 pickles and turn in the completed card at either the German American Heritage Center or Davenport Public Library and win a pickle ornament for your own tree. Participants will also be entered to win Keep It QC Visa Gift Cards and a grand prize basket. Visit DowntownDavenport.com for a list of participating businesses.
- Downtown Delivers: Delivery is guaranteed for purchases made at participating businesses as Downtown Davenport Partnership team members will deliver gifts within 10 miles of Downtown Davenport. Shop Nov. 26-29 for deliveries Dec. 1. Shop Dec. 17-19 for deliveries Dec. 21. Visit DowntownDavenport.com for a list of participating businesses.
Downtown Gift Guide: A one-stop shopping guide for everyone on your list will be available at DowntownDavenport.com. Gifts for him, her, baby or foodies, coffee lovers, beer lovers are just some of the items available at the independently owned shops in Downtown Davenport.
Downtown Bettendorf Organization
Downtown Gift Guide: Downtown Bettendorf offers plenty of gift ideas to furnish your dream home. Along with great places to eat, drink and play, these businesses will be featured throughout the holidays on Downtown Bettendorf Organization’s Facebook page.
- Window Displays: Find painted windows with holiday displays at seven businesses throughout Downtown Bettendorf.
- Holiday Lights: Along State St. the light poles will be wrapped with holiday lights.
Downtown Rock Island
- Holiday Shows: Enjoy the spirit of the holidays with Winter Wonderland playing through Dec. 29 at Circa ’21 Dinner Playhouse. The Quad City Botanical Center gardens will be in winter bloom with over 160,000 glowing lights during Winter Nights Winter Lights Nov. 17-Jan.2.
- Downtown Gift Guide: Find all the great places to eat, drink and fill your holiday stockings in Downtown Rock Island on their Facebook page.
About the Downtown Davenport Partnership
Downtown Davenport Partnership (DDP), an affiliate of Quad Cities Chamber, provides place management services for downtown Davenport’s business improvement district (Self-Supporting Municipal Improvement District, or SSMID). Its focus encompasses three pillars of work: business & economic growth, infrastructure & livability, and advocacy & promotion. DowntownDavenport.com
About Downtown Bettendorf Organization
The Downtown Bettendorf Organization (DBO), an affiliate of the Quad Cities Chamber, mission is to administer and operate programs for the general improvement and redevelopment of Bettendorf’s Central Business District and to enhance its aesthetic appearance and economic future for the community and citizens of Bettendorf. DBO was founded to provide a unified voice for stakeholders and downtown Bettendorf business owners who are committed to the future of Downtown Bettendorf. DowntownBettendorf.org
About Downtown Rock Island
In January 2021, Rock Island City Council approved a contract with the Quad Cities Chamber to explore the creation of a new place management organization supported by sustainable funding to deliver services that enhance public spaces, encourage investment and improve quality of life in Downtown Rock Island. A Downtown Director was hired to lead the effort with the guidance of the Downtown Rock Island Steering Committee made up of property owners, City officials and other stakeholders. DowntownRockIsland.org
About the Quad Cities Chamber
The Quad Cities Chamber facilitates business growth to help create a prosperous regional economy where all can thrive. Its work is focused in three strategic areas: business and economic growth; placemaking; and talent attraction and development. Learn more about the Chamber at QuadCitiesChamber.com.