Following the path of many venues in larger cities across the nation, and New York City, Codfish Hollow Barnstormers has announced they will require concert attendees to bring proof of vaccinations to attend their shows.
The venue posted the following on their facebook last night:
ATTENTION: Do you need a refund because you are not getting vaccinated? Hit us up via email and we will MOST HAPPILY refund you. Please include show and number of tickets you wish refunded. Thanks!
This was accompanied by a lengthy post about their change in policy:
In accordance with recommendations by the CDC and thoughtful consideration by the Codfish Hollow team, we will require proof of full vaccination in order to attend any Codfish Hollow shows during the 2021 season. We will continue to monitor the circumstances and adjust
as necessary. Please watch your email and check our Facebook page and web page regularly for updates.
1. Bring a printed copy, image or app that can verify your FULL vaccination status.
2. Bring an appropriate ID which will match the name on your vaccination record.
3. Bring a printed or digital copy of your ticket.
4. Bags, purses and backpacks are subject to a respectful search by our security team. If you wish to have this search done by an individual of the same sex, please let them know at the ticket gate.
5. No outside food, drink, weapons or the like will be allowed past the ticket gate. Confiscated items may be held at the gate for return at the end of the evening. Please leave any of these items inside your vehicle in the upper pasture/parking lot.
6. Masks are not required but are strongly encouraged, particularly when social distancing cannot be practiced. We will have masks available for those who wish to wear one or have forgotten to bring one.
7. Extra hand washing stations will be available. Hand sanitizer will also be available around the venue grounds.
8. High touch areas (upper/lower bar, merch counter, porta-potties) will be cleaned regularly by our volunteers. You are also advised to wash your hands or use hand sanitizer frequently.
9. DO NOT attend the show if you have recent (within the past 48 hours) symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea), even if you have been vaccinated. If this occurs within a couple days prior to the show, contact us to see if we can arrange a refund.
10. Children under the age of 12 will not be permitted to attend the show. This one is hard for us, too. We look forward to reuniting all our Codfish family in the future. Please keep your kids safe.
Codfish are the first venue in the Quad-Cities area to enact the policy for the long-term. Davenport
‘s Raccoon Motel had the same policy in place this week at the behest of singer Orville Peck, and that venue is reportedly considering following in Codfish’s footsteps.