Family Museum Cancels All Large-Scale Events Through April
Bettendorf’s Family Museum has canceled all large-scale events through the month of April, including next week’s Spring Break events.
The Museum will remain open to the public. Classes, field trips, and drop-ins will continue.
The museum’s statement notes:
“Please be assured that our daily cleaning practices follow the industry standards for public places, including daily disinfection of common area surfaces and routine clean up and sanitation sweeps throughout the day. Hand sanitizer has always been available for visitor use.
Guest and Member reminders:
· Please do not visit the Museum if you or your children are not feeling well.
· Wash your hands as you enter and exit the Museum
· Cover your coughs and sneezes with your elbow
For the latest information on the COVID-19 virus, please call 2-1-1 or go to the CDC website
The COVID-19 alert and recommendations from public health officials are continually changing and will require vigilance. We are prepared to continue monitoring and making the necessary adjustments to meet the demands of the moment and the needs of our community.”
Events canceled include:
· All Spring Break Spectacular Events, March 16-21
· Family Museum by Flashlight, March 28
· Drip Drop Kerplop, April 4
· Special Needs Night, April 24
· Earth Day Packing Peanut-Palooza, April 25
The Family Museum’s annual fundraiser, Night at the Museum, has been postponed. A new date will be announced later.