Cooking Thyme With Tristan: Turkey Taco Tortilla Soup
A variation on a classic chicken tortilla!
This has a nice kick to it and makes for an awesome soup OR dip.
(Trigger warning: I use the word liberal below. Prepare your sensitive self. I also mention the word Vote in the video so be cautious!)
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 2 cups of tomato juice
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 can of HOT Rotel
- 1 can of black beans
- ½ bag of frozen corn
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- Liberal amount of Cumin
- Liberal amount of Red Pepper Flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- TO EAT AS A SOUP: add cheese and tortilla strips
- TO USE AS A DIP: Add the cheese and grab a bag of chips
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
- In a large soup pot, add ALL ingredients – besides the ground turkey – and let simmer.
- In a medium size pan, cook the ground turkey with a little seasoning until it has a little crispness to it.
- Add the turkey to the pot and let all those ingredients marry each other!
- Cook it all on high for 5 minutes!
- Serve hot and enjoy!
This soup is bangin!
Please be kind!
Please wear a mask!
Until next time…