Cooking Thyme With Tristan: Autumn Butternut Squash Soup
The weather has now shifted and a lot of people are talking about how stoked they are for Libra season but not me! I am stoked because it’s officially SOUP SEASON! Savannah and I ventured over to Doug and Sara Kutzli’s for a wonderful evening of food, friendship and this special episode of Cooking Thyme!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 tsp of butter
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 cloves garlic – minced
- 6 cups – or 2 pounds – butternut squash
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp curry powder
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pumpkin seeds roasted for serving
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
- Preheat oven to 350
- Peel and cut the squash into 1 inch cubes
- Coat with 1 tbsp vegetable oil and bake for 30 minutes
- Saute those onions with garlic, salt and 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Add all the ingredients into a large soup pot and let simmer.
- After 5 minutes, use an immersion blender or blender to rock the soup!
- Let simmer for 15 minutes – let those ingredients marry each other – and then serve hot!
Douglas did the cooking.
I did the dancing.
And the ladies drank wine.
It was a lovely evening!
This weekend’s forecast is looking chilly so why not warm up life with a sweet little soup!
Until next time…