Rock Island Public Library Remains Open, But Changes Procedures Due To Covid
Rock Island Public Library has changed its policies and procedures to adapt to the changing times with covid.
RIPL remains open for Grab and Go, Curbside, and Online services. Only quick browsing, material checkout, returns, and limited-time public computer/WiFi reservations are allowed.
Tables, chairs, and extended visits are not available. A maximum of one-hour per person, per day is available for either computer or inside WiFi appointments. All library events continue to be offered virtually or on a take-home method.
The Mobile Library continues its routes, but there is no on-board entry. Staff will bring out items for you, and accept returns outside the vehicle. To get the WiFi password, call when you arrive.
Staff clean frequently touched surfaces, and we quarantine returned and browsed library materials for three days before checking them in.
Here’s what we need from you:
- Wear a mask/face covering that covers both your mouth and nose at all times when inside buildings.
- Keep your visits short. No gathering or hanging out.
- Maintain at least 6-feet of social distance from staff and other patrons.
- Use our self-checks, if possible, and place browsed items that you do not want to check out on the carts provided.
- Take advantage of contactless Curbside Pickup, download library materials digitally, and check out additional materials to help conserve your visits.
- Consider contactless Homebound delivery if you cannot leave your house.
We thank you for your cooperation, and encourage you to continue doing your part! Mask up, stay safe, and do not visit if you are feeling ill or have been exposed. If you have items due, call us for special accommodations.