Rock Island County Covid Numbers Moving In The Right Direction
Covid numbers are going down in Rock Island County, but, the health department says, we must remain vigilant and use common sense to continue the numbers moving in the right direction.
The Rock Island County Health Department reports the total number of deaths from the virus is now 320.
In addition, the health department reports 26 new cases of COVID-19 Friday. The total number of cases is 14,737. The average age of newly
infected people is 38. Currently, 23 patients are hospitalized in the county with the virus.
The cases are:
• 1 woman in her 70s
• 2 women in their 50s
• 5 women in their 40s
• 2 women in their 30s
• 2 girls in their teens
• 1 girl younger than 13
• 1 man in his 60s
• 3 men in their 50s
• 4 men in their 40s
• 1 man in his 30s
• 1 man in his teens
• 1 boy in his teens
• 2 boys younger than 13
No additional information regarding these cases is available due to federal privacy laws.
We all must continue to do our part to prevent further spread of COVID-19 by:
• Getting vaccinated as soon as you can. The mass vaccination site at the Camden Centre in Milan is open for walk-in patients Tuesday-Saturday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Staying home when you are sick
• Wearing a face covering when near unvaccinated people
• Watching your distance. Keep at least 6 feet between you and unvaccinated people
• Washing your hands frequently