Raise Your Voice With The Girl Scouts
This June, Girl Scouts of Eastern IA & Western IL (GSEIWI) will host their 8th annual leadership and self-discovery program known as Raise Your Voice. From June 21 till June 23, girls will spend a weekend living in dorms and exploring campus life at Loras College.
Attendees will learn how their skills, their story, and their passions can be used to change the world. The leadership conference also includes sessions on environmental topics such as clean water and air, noise pollution, global warming and agriculture. Girls will develop and use their leadership skills to become an advocate for the planet and make a positive difference.
Girls will also get to participate in the following activities and sessions:
· Scavenger Hunt around Loras College
· Live like a college student
· Discover passion for change and how to achieve
· Learn about a variety of environmental issues through the It’s Your Planet, Love It Journey through age level sessions AND hands on activities.
· Meet new friends
· Learn how to Advocate for your cause with Artivism
· Breathe Journey
· Fight Air pollution with a Terrarium
· Sustainable Wind Energy and make a wind machine
· Sow What Journey
· Food Causes Pollution-making changes
· Edible Landscapes
· Justice Journey
· Reduce, ReUse, Recycle- How to REALLY make the changes we need for our planet
· Ditching Plastic? Let’s make an alternative!
· And so much more!
For just $105/girl, the Raise Your Voice conference is offered to all girls entering grades 7-12 in the fall of 2019. The deadline to register is May 29, 2019. Interested girls can register here: https://www.girlscoutstoday.