Get A Taste Of Vallejo’s Art At Taste Buds
A self-taught artist, Rock Islander Melanie Vallejo’s panoramic florals and colorful landscapes will be brightening up Taste Buds, 150 16 ½ St., Rock Island, for the next two weeks, beginning with a reception at 5 p.m. Friday. The event is open to the public and will feature free drinks, refreshments, snacks and other cool stuff, and you’ll get to meet the artist and talk to her about her work, which will be on display through March 2.
Recently, Vallejo chatted with us about her muse.
- When did you first get into art and what got you into it?
I am a self taught artist. I have been painting since 2005 after purchasing a painting kit off of a TV ad in the middle of the night.
- How would you describe your artworks to people who haven’t seen them?
I love nature so my pull is to create paintings that bring the outdoors in.
- What’s your philosophy in regard to art?
My philosophy in regard to art is to create paintings that make me smile. If it can bring a smile to my face I know it will bring one to others.
- Who are your favorite artists?
Donna Dewberry, Sandy McTier, and Tracy Moreau
- What do you hope people take away from your show?
I hope that people have fun and enjoy looking at my paintings as much as I enjoyed creating them!
- How do you feel about being a part of taste of qc art?
I am very grateful to work with other locals to share my passion for creating. When a friend of mine told me about this opportunity I was very excited to participate.
- What are your plans for the future?
I plan to continue creating and sharing my art!
- Anything else you’d like to add?
I also host painting parties. Wine glasses and canvas are the most popular classes.
For more info, check out https://www.facebook.com/Taste-Buds-747134252080115/.